health is the key to a happy life, glowing skin, lots of
energy and activity and a healthy mind and body. Therefore
it is necessary that you eat good nutritious food, exercise
regularly and get plenty of rest.
A proper diet
It is normally believed many most of the teenagers that
being slim is beautiful and to achieve the figure like that
of their favourite filmstar and model they nearly starve
themselves. Well that is not the case. What you have to
do is eat proper nutritious food. Your diet should contain
sufficient proteins, carbohydrates, fats, minerals, vitamins
and fibres. Therefore you need to eat a combination of different
foods everyday that will contain atleast the recommended
quantities of all these essential foods.
Eat the following foods daily:
1. Meat, poultry, fish, eggs.
2. Pulses and cereals.
3. Rice, chapati, bread etc
4. Plenty of fruits and fruit juice.
5. Plenty of fresh green and leafy vegetables.
7. Eat potatoes but not fried ones.
Eat in moderation the following:
1. Butter, jams, salad dressings.
2. Nuts including peanuts.
3. Dairy products (milk, cheese, yogurt etc).
Eat occasionally the following:
1. Chocolates, cakes, biscuits, sweets, chips, fries, popcorn
and soft drinks.
Thus try to incorporate the following
in your daily diet:
1. Try to eat 5 servings of vegetables daily. Vegetables
should be fresh and should be not be overcooked. The best
way to cook vegetables is to steam them. However eating
raw vegetables is best.
2. Also try to eat 5 servings of fresh fruit or drink plenty
of fresh fruit juice.
3. Drink semi-skimmed or skimmed milk rather than full fat
4. Add plenty of pulses in your diet. They provide plenty
of protein and also contain lot of fibre.
5. Eat more wholegrain products. Eat roti rather than paratha.
Eat whole-wheat bread and eat brown rice rather than white
rice as they contain much more nutritional value.
6. Eat plenty of water and fluid.
If you are on diet and plan on losing weight never starve
yourself. You will harm your body, will feel weak and it
will be difficult to concentrate on your studies. Remember
any successful diet involves consuming less calories but
eating wisely. Thus follow these simple rules to lose weight.
1. Eat a heavy breakfast, a substantial lunch and then a
2. Don't eat a heavy and a large meal at night when you
will have little opportunity to exercise afterwards.
3. Eat slowly and chew the food properly.
4. Don't eat while you are watching TV or reading etc coz
you tend to overeat.
5. Totally stop fried foods, chocolates, icecreams and cakes.
6. Drink skimmed or semi-skimmed milk coz full fat milk
contains too many calories and is no good.
7. Put your food onto smaller plates-less will seem more.
Exercise and fitness
You will be fit and active with proper diet and regular
exercise. Exercise benefits almost every aspect of life.
Exercise will keep your figure trim and toned and that will
improve your looks making you more confident with yourself
in whatever you do. You will feel more energetic and active
and it will help you not only in your academic score but
also later in life. Therefore you should take up any form
of exercise that you are comfortable with. Do it 5 day a
week and see the difference.