doubt, your feet are the most active part of your body, even
more than your hands. In fact most of the time they are definitely
overworked. Especially in today's day and age, the big metros
are so widespread that one has to cover long distances to
get from one place to the next be it for job or other work.
Therefore it is very much essential that one must take extra
care of their feet in order to avoid having foot problems.
Cracking and fissures in the skin of the heels and the balls
of the feet can be painful, especially for heavy individuals
who place more pressure on these parts. As with any open skin
lesion, a fissure leaves the region susceptible to bacteria.
Foot infections can be very serious because bacteria tend
to multiply rapidly and travel deep into the foot quickly
because of the continuous pressure. They are often hard to
heal because the wound is surrounded by calloused skin.
Tips to avoid cracked heels
1. Do not expose your feet to extreme climate i.e., extreme
cold or extreme heat.
2. Wash feet daily in lukewarm water, blot dry without rubbing
and apply a urea-based cream.
3. If your heels are very dry, use a pumice stone to slough
off dry skin, cover feet with petroleum jelly and put a pair
of socks before going to bed.
4. Pedicure your feet more often.
5. Use hot-cold water technique. Dip your feet in hot water
and then after five minutes dip it in cold water. Do this
for 20 minutes. This method improves the blood circulation.
6. Choose your shoes carefully and pick only the best quality.
7. Before going to bed daily pamper your feet with a rich